Thursday, Nov. 5, Old Las Palmas Neighborhood Organization’s annual meeting, 5 p.m., O’Donnell Golf Club.
Thursday, Nov. 5, Demuth Park Neighborhood Organization’s annual meeting, 6:30 p.m., Demuth Community Center.
Saturday, Nov. 7, El Mirador Neighborhood Organization’s garage sale, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., between Avenida Caballeros & Miraleste.
Saturday, Nov. 7, Tahquitz Creek formation meeting, 9:30 a.m., Tahquitz Creek Golf Resort Clubhouse, 1885 Golf Club Drive.
Saturday, Nov. 7, Andreas Hills Neighborhood Organization’s fall meeting, 2:30 p.m., at a private home.
Wednesday, Nov. 11, Veterans Day, City Hall closed
Thursday, Nov. 12, ONE-PS meeting, 8 a.m., Fire Training Center, 3000 E. Alejo Road
Bargain hunters, make your way to the El Mirador neighborhood, east of the hospital and west of Avenida Caballeros for their neighborhood garage sale from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday. If you need an address to enter into your GPS, use 930 E. Chia (between Avenida Caballeros & Miraleste).
This is Pride Weekend, Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 7 & 8!
Here is a snapshot on some of what’s going on:
• Arenas Road Block Party: 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday; Festival: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. Both take place on Arenas Road between Calle Encilia and Indian Canyon
• Pride Festival: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Festival taking place on Palm Canyon Drive between Amado Road and Baristo Road.
Thanks to all the ONE-PS volunteers who will be staffing the ONE-PS booth at this year’s festival. If you’re not working the booth, make sure to stop by and say “hi.” The booth will be on Arenas, between Indian and Palm Canyon on the south side of the street near Lulu California Bistro. This is the first year ONE-PS has participated in the festival.
• Pride Parade: Parade starts at 10 a.m. Sunday and marches from Tachevah south to Amado – estimated 2-hour parade.
Make sure you wave to ONE-PS Chair Lisa Middleton. She’ll be riding in the parade this year. Lisa received the Spirit of Stonewall Community Service Award presented by the Greater Palm Spring Pride organization. And with the award comes a free ride in the Pride Parade. Congratulations, Lisa!
Street closures associated with the Pride events:
• Arenas Road between Calle Encilia and Belardo will be closed starting at 10 p.m. Friday and will reopen by 3 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 9
• Palm Canyon between Amado and Baristo will close starting at 10 p.m. Friday and will reopen by 3 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 9
• Palm Canyon between Vista Chino and Alejo will be closed by 5:30 a.m. Sunday for pre-stage of the parade
• Palm Canyon between Alejo and Amado closes at 9 a.m. Sunday for the parade
• The cross streets of Alejo and El Alameda will remain open until 10 a.m. Sunday, then close for the parade
• Palm Canyon will be open from Vista Chino to Amado by 2 p.m. Sunday
Before this year’s Veterans Day Parade, on Wednesday, Nov. 11, a Veterans Day Heroes 5K race will take place along the Palm Canyon parade route. Runners will start at Frances Stevens Park, 500 N. Palm Canyon Drive and run south on Palm Canyon Drive to just south of Baristo, turn around and run north to Alejo, turn around again and run south to Bariso, turn around one more time and run north to the finish line on Palm Canyon Drive and Alejo.
The City of Palm Springs 19th Annual Veterans Day Parade returns to Palm Canyon Drive on Wednesday, Nov. 11, at 3:30 p.m. The parade will begin at Ramon Road and head north on Palm Canyon Drive to Alejo Road where the parade ends. Immediately following the parade (at approximately 4:30 p.m.) there will be a post-parade concert complete with a fireworksfinale (at approximately 5 p.m.). The concert will feature the Palm Springs High School Spirit of the Sands Band. The band stage will be located at the intersection of Amado Road and Palm Canyon Drive.
- Palm Canyon Drive from Ramon Road to Camino Parocela will be closed beginning at 10:30 a.m. for pre-stage until5:30 p.m. Palm Canyon Drive from Ramon Road to Alejo Road will be closed from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. for the parade route. For information, please call the City of Palm Springs Parks and Recreation Department at (760) 323-8272.
Just a reminder about some upcoming fireworks displays. Those of you with pets are probably most interested. Please help us by spreading the word in your neighborhoods. The times listed are approximations.
• Saturday, Nov. 7 – Parker Hotel – Wedding 9 p.m. – 15 minutes
• Wednesday, Nov. 11 – Veterans Day Post-Parade, downtown Palm Springs, 5 p.m. – 20 minutes
Attached is the City of Palm Springs Outlook Newsletter.
Attached is the DWA fall newsletter. Thanks to Ashley Hudgens, DWA’s Public Information Officer, for sending it to us.
Below is the link to the agenda for Monday’s Architectural Advisory Committee meeting:
Please check the City’s website calendar for the link to the agenda for Tuesday’s Historic Site Preservation Board meeting and Thursday’s Planning Commission meeting:
Enjoy your weekend!
Director of Neighborhood and Community Relations
City of Palm Springs
3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, Ca. 92262