Upcoming ONE-PS & neighborhood events and meetings
Monday, Jan. 4, ONE-PS Governance Committee 2 p.m., Large Conference Room, City Hall
Monday, Jan. 4, ONE-PS Officers and Committee Chairs meeting, 2:30 p.m., Large Conference Room, City Hall
Tuesday, Jan. 5, ONE-PS Website Committee meeting, 2 p.m., Large Conference Room, City Hall
Tuesday, Jan. 5, ONE-PS Communications Committee meeting, 3 p.m., Large Conference Room, City Hall
Tuesday, Jan. 5, ONE-PS Neighborhood Formation and Support Committee meeting, 5 p.m., Large Conference Room, City Hall
Wednesday, Jan. 6, ONE-PS Finance Committee meeting, 8:30 a.m., Large Conference Room, City Hall
Wednesday, Jan. 6, ONE-PS Code Enforcement/Public Works Committee meeting, 10 a.m., Large Conference Room, City Hall
We are off and running in 2016!
As a reminder, the City Council is holding a special Study Session on the Specific Plan for the Downtown Revitalization Project. The meeting will be at 5 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 6 at the Convention Center. Here is a link to the agenda:
Attached is a news release about Wednesday’s meeting. A public hearing for the Specific Plan is scheduled for the next City Council meeting, which will be held on Wednesday, Jan. 13.
Here is the link to this afternoon’s Architectural Advisory Committee meeting agenda:
Attached are three public hearing notices for the Jan. 13 Planning Commission meeting.
- A public hearing is being to reconsider an application by Gergis Yousef for a Conditional Use Permit to modify and add floor area to provide additional retail space at 2796 N. Palm Canyon Drive. (Shell Gas Station) After initial approval by the Planning Commission on June 10, 2015, the item was reviewed by City Council on appeal and referred back to the Planning Commission for further evaluation.
- A public hearing also will be held to consider a Major Architectural Application by Palm Springs Promenade, LLC to construct a 7-story mixed-use building totaling 131,174 square feet in size and consisting of a 175-room resort hotel and ground floor commercial/retail space. The building is proposed on Block “B-1” of the Museum Market Plaza Specific Plan, which is at the northeast corner of (new) Main Street and the new extension of Belardo Road, Zone CBD.
- A public hearing will be held to consider an amendment to an approved Major Architectural Application by Palm Springs Promenade, LLC to allow residential, additional floor space and certain architectural changes, including modified building heights, for a mixed-use building proposed on Block “C” of the Museum Market Plaza (Downtown Palm Springs) Specific Plan, Zone CBD.
Also attached are two public hearing notices for the Jan. 13 City Council meeting.
- A public hearing is being held to consider a recommendation by the Historic Site Preservation Board (HSPB) to designate the residence at 1197 Abrigo Road a Class 1 historic site.
- A public hearing also is being held to consider a recommendation by the Historic Site Preservation Board (HSPB) recommending designation of 562 W. Arenas Road “The Village Manor Apartments”, (aka “Orbit In”) as a Class 1 historic site (HSPB 95).
Attached is a news release about the Police Department’s Citizens’ Police Academy which gets underway Jan. 14. There is still time to register for this free program. The program meets one night per week, from 6 to 9 p.m. for 13 weeks. Attendees participate in discussions about Patrol Procedures, Traffic Investigation, K-9, SWAT, Community Policing, Narcotics, Crime Scene Investigation and many other interesting topics. Attendees are also invited to participate on a ride-along with a PSPD Patrol Officer during a patrol shift. To inquire about the program or to reserve your seat, contact Sergeant Arnold Galvan via email at Arnold.Galvan@palmspringsca.gov or contact Communications and Records Manager Dora Melanson at (760) 323-8109.
Applications are also available online at www.pspd.com under Community Policing, Citizens’ Police Academy.
Have a great week,
Director of Neighborhood and Community Relations
City of Palm Springs
3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, Ca. 92262